Configuration of phpMyAdmin on ubuntu..
As you know that phpMyAdmin is a database management and adminstration tool. So below is given the installation process of phpMyadmin. Let assume that you have already installed LAMP on ur system.
And incase if you have not installed LAMP then follow the following steps.
1. Open the terminal.
2. install apache [sudo apt-get install apache2].
3. install php [sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5]
4. Once it is installed restart the apache [sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart]
5. Install MySQL server [sudo apt-get install mysql-server] and set a password to local system to gets root access.
6. Install MySQL admin [sudo apt-get install mysql-admin]
7. Install MySQL for Apache HTTP Server [sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-auth-mysql php5-mysql phpmyadmin]
8. Edit your php.ini file to work your php with MySQL [pico /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini] and add following line [extension=mysql.so]
9. Again restart you apache same command used in point 4.
Now once your LAMP installed all you need to edit your apache2.conf file which is located in '/etc/apache2/apache2.conf' and add the following like
[Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf] and then restart your apache as given in point 4.
That it and your phpmyadmin is configured.
For accessing you can use the following URL "http://localhost/phpmyadmin/" and if it is configured on server or some other system just changed localhost from domain name.
Your comments are welcome.